Wednesday 7 January 2015

Super Green Smoothie Recipe by Hemsley + Hemsley


I first tried this amazing smoothie recipe at a talk by the gorgeous Hemsley + Hemsley sisters and have since found it’s a go-to for a quick, filling nutrient boost.  So I thought I’d share it with you, I've tweaked theirs slightly to make it a bit simpler to make.

The benefits of this recipe are its alkalising, hydrating, cleansing, antioxidant-rich and easy to digest – the raw foods contains loads of vitamins, minerals and enzymes, undamaged by heat. Plus the leafy greens in it are among the most nutrient-dense foods in the world.

Also a tip I got from the Hemsley girls is to chew it well, yes, even chew smoothies, it aids digestion and makes you feel fuller.

Ingredients
1 apple
2 sticks of celery
Half a cucumber
70g spinach or kale
Half an avocado
1 inch ginger root
Handful Parsley
Squeeze of lemon
Water – add for desired consistency
1 teaspoon of super green powder (chlorella, spirulina etc)

You'll need a strong blender 

1 comment:

Eli Joseph said...

Yes dear, it is true that the raw food contains loads of vitamins, minerals and enzymes that’s why I love drinking Green drink every day. Usually I try different recipes. I would love to try this one too!